CHARACTERISTICS OF ALPACA
1. Alpaca is incredibly soft on the skin, similar to cashmere and other fine fibers.
2. Alpaca fiber has amazing thermal properties and is very breathable due to a hollow core. It also makes the transition between cold and warm temperatures more easily than wool.
3. Alpaca fiber is unusually strong and resilient - more so than wool or synthetics.
4. Alpaca does not easily tear, stain nor create static.
5. One can determine 100% alpaca fiber as it lends a slightly cool touch to the hand.
6. Alpaca fiber contains no lanolin and is hypoallergenic (lanolin holds dust and microscopic allergens).
7. Alpaca has a minimum of 16 natural shades and dyes beautifully.
8. Alpaca have been bred for over 5000 years for their fiber. The alpaca fiber was reserved for Inca royalty.